I think a lot of times we as Christians think things are a "a-ok" when in all actuality they are not. Disunity within the Body of Christ is something I see daily as a college student. Many people just think that its their way or the highway. Or on the other hand, they do not care one ounce. Then there are those people that just like to "stir up the people." In Acts chapters 8-9 it talks about Stephen and his stoning. Before he was stoned, the Pharisees were talking and "stirring up the people" against Stephen. Saying that he was blaspheming God and that he wasn't telling the truth.
How many times do you see this happening in the Bible. Just as clear as it was happening in Jesus' time, it happens today. Satan gets in and manipulates what people think. He makes them think that they are right and the other person is wrong. How many times do we as Christians fall victim to this? How many times will we let ourselves fall victim to this lie?
I think Paul Washer correctly says "you can not experience God, and not be moved." So, are we being moved? Being a Christian is not some label that you can put on yourself. It is a matter of being called to action. Being called to action because of love and acting biblically. So, I think it is time for us to start acting out of the love that was beautifully bestowed upon us and stop thinking its all about us.
No comments:
Post a Comment