Saturday, August 28, 2010

legacy

Legacy by Nichole Nordeman
I don't mind if you've got something nice to say about me
And I enjoy an accolade like the rest
You can take my picture and hang it in a gallery 
Of all the who's who and so-and-so's that used to be the best
At such 'n' such, it wouldn't matter much

I won't lie it feels alright to see your name in lights
We all need an 'atta boy' or 'atta girl'
But in the end I'd like to hang my hat on more besides
The temporary trappings of this world

I wanna leave a legacy
How will they remember me
Did I choose to love?
Did I point to you enough
To make a mark on things
I wanna leave an offering
A child of mercy and grace
who blessed your name
unapologetically
I wanna leave a legacy

I don't have to look to far or too long awhile
To make a lengthy list of all that I enjoy
An accumulating trinket and treasure pile
That moth and rust, thieves and such will soon enough destroy

Not well traveled, not well read
Not well to do or well bred
Just wanna hear instead "Well done, good and faithful one"

something about this song always gets me thinking. i was driving home from work today wondering about the legacy i'm leaving. i hope and pray that its a good legacy. i hope i am a woman of integrity and always stands up for what is right. i hope that i live out God's love to the best of my ability. i hope that Christ shines in everything i do. i hope that no matter what i am the best daughter, sister, friend, wife (someday), mother (again...someday), follower of Christ, and teacher i can be. because, above all else, i seek to please my Lord and make His name known. nothing else in life is worth more than sharing the truth, grace, love, and mercy that is Christ.


No comments:

Post a Comment